Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Behind the Scenes At UPS

Ultimate Factories: UPS, will premier Thursday, June 12 at 9 p.m. on the National Geographic Channel



The hour-long program gives viewers a behind-the-scenes look at the 4.4 million-square-foot sorting facility, which processes an average of 304,000 packages per hour. It also gives insight into Louisville-based UPS Airlines and the UPS Global Operations Center, which provides scheduling and weather forecasting services for the 284-plane operation.
I added this to my Netflix, since I don't have cable.
There are so many good shows on the Discovery Channel right now that deal with economics and the supply chain. I am truly blessed to live in age where television broadcasting has evolved to the point of capturing a micro audience. I mean how many other people are fascinated by the inner workings of UPS or the Ports of Los Angeles / Long Beach?

No comments: