Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Why Am I Always Surprised?

Just finished a preliminary survey of the Inland Empire industrial numbers. Not as bad as I had thought, Absorption in the West IE is in the neighborhood of -1.5 million and for the East I.E we are looking at +3 or so million. (After much consideration and deliberation, the 2.1 million SF Stater Brothers DC does count, Merry X-Mas to me!).

I cannot rule out a huge screw-up on my part or a hidden bias towards having nice positive numbers, but I was assuming that things would be more or less horrific (more horrific actually) than what I am getting.

Which begs the question: Do they really pay me for this?

Looks like I may have to revise my titles again. Thinking of something along the lines of: We're Not Dead Yet!

Next week I will start on the office numbers, I am hoping for a downer there since I have so much pent up pessimism, I am sure it is not healthy to not vent it. (+2 f0r the d0uble negatives)

No comments: