Thursday, February 26, 2009

I.E. Industrial's Absorption of Spec is Immediate Concern

The article for the Ca Real Estate Journal was finally published.

Here is the link

A couple of thoughts:

1. It is hard work to be a journalist. Kari interviewed at least 7 people and combined published information from at least 4 published sources for information for this piece. That is a lot of networking, coordinating and communicating between many different entities.
I wish I could do that for my monthly pieces, it would definitely take the loftiness down a notch or two and I would definitely meet more people.

2. Be careful what you say. The reason why I am quoted so much in this article is that I sent a lot of information. I debated what to send and I am always a little bit nervous in how I will sound and be perceived in an article.
I guess I am just sensitive to trying to come off as smart and insightful. When I read the pieces I always feel like I came off as bumbling incoherently through the piece. In comparison, I do not have as many insightful zingers or sound bytes because I did not focus my message to one or two carefully worded talking points.

Things to work on in the future I suppose.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Two words: Flaming wreckage

That is all.