Thursday, March 4, 2010

The Federal Reserve in a nut shell

In graduate school, I helped teach macroeconomics at UNLV for two years. This presentation by the Cleavland Fed does a much better job of explaining the role of the Federal Reserve than I ever could. In 9 minutes you can learn what took me about 2 weeks to demonstrate.



Picture a bunch of people with multiple doctorate degrees in economics hand drawing these slides. How can we connect with this Gen Y and make the Federal Reserve hip & cool while explaining to people why we all need to keep our jobs? I know, lets use the YouTube!

I guess the purpose is to counter all the flak they have been getting for their role in the bailout. There is a lot of disagreement at the Fed right now over the balancing act between expansion and contraction, between inflation and deflation. This may be a not so subtle jabs at politicians about their interference with fed policy.




No comments: